BilbaoArte is an artistic production centre belonging to the Culture Department of the Bilbao City Council. It provides young creators with the means and infrastructures required to develop their artistic ideas. The main aim of Bilbao Arte is to provide outstanding professionalisation of young creators, thus achieving high technical levels and making available modern infrastructures for artistic practices within the art community.
Since it opened in 1998, it has been focused on the development of the following programmes and activities:
- Grants for the development of artistic projects.
- Courses, seminars and conferences involving consolidated and prestigious international creators.
- Exhibitions by young creators and open days.
- Artist exchanges with other –national (Fundación Viana – Cajasur, Córdoba) and international (Bregenz, Austria / Paris, France / Seul, South Korea)– artistic centres.
- Artistic advice for the development of institutional projects.