BilbaoArte is an artistic production centre belonging to the Culture Department of the Bilbao City Council. It provides resident artists with the means and infrastructures required to develop their artistic ideas.
The main aim of BilbaoArte is to provide outstanding professionalisation of young creators, thus achieving high technical levels and making available modern infrastructures for artistic practices within the art community.
Since it opened in 1998, it has been focused on the development of the following programmes and activities:
– Semiannual or annual scholarships (with financial endowment and study assignment) for the development of artistic projects and quarterly aids (with economic endowment) for the production of exhibitions.
– Courses, workshops, seminars and conferences involving consolidated and prestigious international creators.
– Exhibitions by young creators, open studios events, and open doors days.
– Promotion of artist exchanges with other art centres.
– Artistic advice for the development of institutional projects.